Online giving is a safe and easy way to support the ministries of OFC. This system enables you to support the church by making a one-time contribution or establishing a recurring contribution.
First time giving online? Create user account.
Already given to OFC online? Sign in to your account.
3 Simple Steps
1. Create a user name.
2. Provide contact and bank information.
3. Indicate the amount, frequency (one-time or recurring) and designation for your gift.
Keeping your information and contribution secure is a top priority to Ottawa First Church.
Benefits of Giving Online
- First Fruits – In Proverbs 3:9, we are taught to honor the Lord with the “First Fruits” of our labor. By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are given back to God.
- Simplicity – You will not need to remember if you gave this month or sent in your offering checks when you are out of town.
- Security – Online giving is more secure than giving with a check in that an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Helping OFC – It is more cost effective for the church to process online contributions. In addition, it also simplifies the financial records the church needs to keep.
A Note about Credit Cards - While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings; we still strongly encourage the use of electronic fund transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.
Other methods of giving at OFC:
- Your Bank- Use your bank’s automated payment system; commonly referred to as online bill pay. Click this link for more information.
- Offering envelopes – Use the envelopes provided during service and drop it in the offering basket, or mail it from home if you are unable to attend.
- Stocks and Bonds – For more information regarding this method, please email email@example.com
The Bible teaches us that everything belongs to God and that everything we have is because he has entrusted it to us. Although we use the term giving, you are really directing God’s resources to the areas that he has laid on your heart. One of the reasons that God provides for us is so that we may enjoy the act of giving. The act of giving is also the most powerful tool used to break the bondage that possession can have on us.
For more information about biblical financial principles and managing the resources that God has given you check out our Freed-Up ministry workshops provided during the year.